Sunday, August 23, 2009

Kirkland signature macaroni and cheese costco sample

New Item. I saw this sitting on the shelves over the past 2 or 3 weeks. The Kirkland Mac n' cheese was all I had hoped it would be. The pasta had a great aldente texture (thank you sample lady). The Cheese on this costco sample was cream and had a distinct cheddar flavor, not too mild at all. And at about .55 per box it is a bargain. I wonder if this products introduction had something to do with the current economic environment. I have yet to see Kirkland froisgrois in this market.

2 Comments:

At September 9, 2010 at 12:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried a sample of their Mac&Cheese at the store a few months ago and liked it. Last week I finally ran out of Kraft so I picked up some Kirkland. The stuff I bought is AWFUL! Nobody in my home will eat it, and I had to admit after a couple helpings that I didn't want any more either. The MAC is OK, but the cheese doesn't really taste like cheese, but (according to my teenage daughter) tastes like salted ground up cardboard. I wouldn't go quite that far, but it did seem awful salty and just bad tasting, So it's back to Kraft for us!

 
At October 7, 2010 at 11:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't like this stuff either. My husband unfortunately bought some, and it has been sitting in our pantry for months. I'm trying to finish a bowl of it with my son, who seems to eat it just fine. It's just not like Kraft macaroni and cheese. This stuff sucks.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home